For heavier quantities of cylindrical powders and spherical powders, magnum large rifle primers were advised. For standard and magnum cartridges loaded with flake-type powders, standard handgun primers were advised, and for the reliable ignition of spherical powders in Federal Premium Gold Large Rifle magnum cartridges, magnum handgun primers were advised.
The exact same top-notch primers that have made Gold Medal cartridges the go-to option for match shooters and hunters all over the world. Federal Premium Gold Large Rifle are produced in accordance with exacting specifications and use Federal’s exclusive basic lead styphnate priming mixture for the best primer ignition.
This means that in a handgun cartridge, an LRP will not fit and seat in an Federal Premium Gold Large Rifle pocket flush or below the front of the case head, which will result in a dangerous condition. However, an LPP will fit and seat in an LRP primer pocket, but it will seat too deeply. Not everything that fits must necessarily function.
Brass lasts longer and case heads from small-caliber rifle primers are stronger. In extremely cold temperatures, large rifle primers burn propellant more consistently and reliably.
- Precision and consistency that are unrivaled in the industry
- Dependable ignition
- Extremely strict tolerances are used in the construction of this product.
hottest large rifle primers
- Federal 210M – Listed for over 50% of the loads, this primer was clearly the most popular for super-accurate loads. …
- Winchester WLR – This is said to be the hottest non-magnum primer, and is hard enough to be used in semi-autos. …
- CCI BR-2 – The “match” version of 200.