The Wildcat Sporter and Sporter SR variants of Winchester’s semi-auto.22 LR rifle gain a more vintage design this year. The Winchester Wildcat Sporter SR, a fun and accurate semi-auto.22, has always had a futuristic synthetic stock and an out-of-the-box appearance. The Wildcat Sporter SR features a beautiful wood stock that gives it wonderful lines and a traditional feel. The readily replaceable lower receiver assembly and on-board sight tool storage remain.
The Wildcat Sporter SR is a sleek little.22 with all of the benefits of the Wildcat models from the future. It includes a Picatinny rail incorporated into the receiver for attaching a scope or red dot optic. The rear ghost ring sight on the Wildcat is still adjustable for windage and elevation. It employs the same simple 10-round rotating magazine. The rifle has a blued finish, a 16.5-inch barrel with a ramp front sight, and a 12-28 threaded muzzle for use with a suppressor on the SR variant.
Winchester Wildcat Sporter SR description
A contemporary semi-automatic rimfire rifle with several novel characteristics. Precision button-rifled barrel for maximum precision. Satin-finished wood stock with textured grip surfaces.
Winchester Wildcat Sporter SR specification
- 18″ barrel
- Ten round detachable magazine
- Weighs 4lbs 8oz
- Rugged polymer receiver with integral Picatinny top rail
- 18″ Precision button-rifled chrome-moly steel barrel with a recessed target-style crown
- Wood stock with satin finish
- Fully-adjustable ghost ring rear sight and ramped post front sight
- Integral Picatinny sight rail
- 10-round rotary magazine with polymer body and metal feed lips (Ruger 10/22 style)
- Fully ambidextrous magazine release
- Spring-assisted magazine ejection
- Reversible manual safety button